Sunday, July 4, 2010

First Weekend Guests

Since the twins moved in, this was our first opportunity for weekend guests. The kiddos did great. They  love Uncle Bob and Auntie Joy and they put on their best behavior for them. The guests have left but I am grateful Steve is home for today because I think the let-down would be a bit much if we three were the only ones left at home. We have big plans to get the place cleaned up and to go swimming as a family then, depending on how the twins are doing, we might go to the river to see the fireworks display.

I think that Little Guy will get to go swimming today. Missing out on playing in the water on our big family outing Friday was a real lesson. Probably, it was harder on me than him. He played airplanes on the grass and took it all quite well. I had tried to get a babysitter, but I'm afraid  there isn't anyone who can do that for me, so we took him with us and we all took turns sitting and walking him around to see all that he was missing. He said he would not be peeing his pants anymore. I've heard that before, but he did keep dry yesterday and he has plans to go swimming today. The ball is in his court. He knows it. He is capable and he understands that I believe he is.

We feel blessed because these two take their disappointments well. For example, last evening the men and the teens took the canoes down the river and the twins were sure that they were going, too since we always do everything together. There just wasn't enough room for all of us in two canoes, so my sister-in-law and I decided that we would go for the drive and the walk part of the outing and help with transport then take the twins home to prepare supper. There were tears, but they quickly switched gears and decided to make the most of it. They don't pout or stay disappointed. That's positive.

I'm just about cherried out and now our cherries are ripe. :-)

No comments: