Friday, July 16, 2010

She's Back

The new Missy is back.

Her demeanor is softer, gentler, quieter and at peace.

Our morning was rocky. She tested my every word. She pushed every limit. She tried every tactic. Finally I decided that nothing was working and we both needed a time out. I sat her on her bed and I sat on the floor in the hall and I did nothing but pray for a change and read promises from my Bible. In one hour she went from giving me the "evil eye" and seeing if she could get off the bed to playing with her dolls and finally softening to the point where she could tell me what her dolls were doing. We prayed together and I told her she could go, but she continued to play on her bed for another half hour and then played with them in the livingroom. It was so peaceful that I didn't want to serve lunch. I didn't want to ruin it.

When she was out of sorts nothing held her attention.

It's so nice to have her back.

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

Congratulations :)