Tuesday, July 20, 2010

As Good As Dead!

I'm talking about  Little Missy's cute little chick, the one we called Pancake for the way she held it and loved it, the beautiful white chicken she carries around and kisses, loves, talks to, and swings in the shade of the oak, that rooster that crows so funny in the morning, THAT nasty, mean old creature that attacked me tonight as I was carrying an armload of beets, peas, green beans, and zucchini up from the garden  - he's the one who is as good as dead.

I'm thinking it's too bad we are vegetarians. (Not really.) I'm sure there is someone out there who is not vegetarian who would be happy for a free meal.

I had my arms loaded with veggies when out of the blue something snapped in his pea brain. I was worried about my legs. I've fought bloody battles with roosters before. His spurs may not be full grown yet but his talons looked hideous the way he was coming at me. I kept the beets between me and the crazy animal and they were attacked several times. Finally the dog came wandering over and I used her as a shield. The two cats, 3 roosters, one hen, one dog and me with my vegetables were having quite a time! Both cats were attacked. The dog numerous times, and the roosters sparred amongst themselves. The hen - Buster's pet, thought I had an armload of feed and she was not helping matters. I knew Brianna, our resident game bird whisperer, was in the kitchen baking bread and waffles so I was hollering for her like crazy.  She only came out when she heard the real screams as I was being pummeled when the dog had had enough and left me to my fate.

I'm just a tad worried about Missy's reaction when some guy comes to pick up the stinker tomorrow, but then think of her reaction the day he decides to attack her!

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

It doesn't sound like fun!