Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Wish He'd Tell Me

Walked into the twins room to find Buster covered in blood. Sheets, pillow, pajamas, not to mention his entire face was caked in dried blood. He refused to talk. He was grumpy. I finally figured out he had a bloody nose sometime between putting him to bed and waking up this morning. I left him alone for an hour to get over the grumps and  now he's telling me it happened right after he went to bed. SO, why doesn't he ever tell me when he has a problem?

The girls thought today was the last day of cherries, but apparently they are needed first thing tomorrow, too. I have to cover their music job at the UCC church today. Christina left for YD camp for a week. There was so much to get ready this AM as they went out the door that Steve took them all out to eat breakfast at (oh, yay!) the hospital :-).  It was a father daughter moment, at least.

The twins passed their swimming lessons and are starting a new level tomorrow. Christina finished Guard Start and did very well. Besides swimming safety and rescue they taught first aid. She was amazed at all the ways one can get hurt swimming. Brianna and Vanessa will start their class tomorrow. They have worked hard in cherries and are excited to get back to lap swimming at 6 AM. They've improved their swimming so much Steve can't keep up with them anymore.

We enjoyed a leisurely picnic and canoe ride with Andersons yesterday. The evening was perfect. The Icicle is getting low, but not too low for canoeing, yet. It was very refreshing. Came home to hack my head off with my usual summer bronchial stuff.

PS. Buster Brown has not wet his pants in defiance since our talk.... Not holding my breath 'cause it doesn't matter to me, remember? Ha ha! I keep having to remind myself that it doesn't matter and I don't mind.

No comments: