Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Not What I Planned

I had planned to take the twins and Christina to their swimming lessons. Instead I dropped them off at the pool and left them for most of the day. It's not what I had planned at all.

I was scheduled for oral surgery on the 27th but received a call asking if I could be at the office in an hour. It was a no-brainer. I wanted it over-with.

I dropped off the kids and Vanessa at the pool at 11:30 for their lessons at noon. Then a friend, Delores, found them there and took them home for lunch and brought them back with her own children to swim at open swim. Between her and Mary that showed up with her kids and Vanessa and Christina, the twins were more than well taken care of and had lots of kids their age to play with. Later, while in pain and looking forward to laying down, I returned to pick up the kids. They were having too much fun. The twins in two lessons are already turning into fish and the two gals suggested I leave them and go rest by myself. I took their advice.  And it all goes to prove that the Lord provides friends in time of need who will go over and above board to bless a fellow mom.

So, what was I thinking? I have lots of friends :-)

I'm actually doing very well. I haven't taken any of the vicoden and it doesn't look like I will need it.  Probably a good thing since I got tired of waiting for it at the pharmacy. It took them so long I was in tears.... and finally left without the pain killers. I suddenly felt better. I tried to stop and buy a birthday gift for a friend... but my head as a little woozy and I couldn't see anything right off and people kept looking at my bloody teeth, so, again I left. I really did want to get her something nice. She's in the adoption trenches as well and most likely feeling the walls caving in on her, too. She'll never know the difference if I'm late, will she?  I'm sore and swollen and have several stitches to baby, but I'm fine. It was kind of nice this way. I never even had time to get worried about the procedure. 

I'm celebrating. Little Guy hasn't peed his pants since Friday. HE LOVES SWIMMING as much as his twin. It's so worth using the toilet.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Speedy healing to you. Your a mom, you have no choice but to get up and moving, just as nothing happened, soon. :) Glad you got it over with.

God is so faithful to send people to help in our time of need. Glad things worked out so well.

GB's Mom said...

Aren't you glad He created water! Hope you feel better!