Tuesday, May 25, 2010

With or Without?

With or without pants, that is.

Yesterday the twins were really into peeing their pants. About 5 pairs each before noon. That's ten pairs of pants and ten pairs of unders! Gracious! the laundry around here!!!! Finally, I had them both sitting on the toilet and I told them I really didn't know what to do but this could NOT keep happening, so it was time for them to come up with a suggestion of how they were going to learn to stop wetting their pants. Of course I was greeted with silence, but I told them to sit there and think about it and when they had an idea they could let me know. I left them and went to make lunch.

Brianna's like, "You actually expect them to come up with anything????"

Well, truth is, no, but I didn't know what to do either and they were safest with their behinds on the throne while I thought.

After awhile Buster calls me.

Me: "You have come up with a good way to teach you not to pee in your pants?"
Him: "Yes".
Me: "Good, let's hear it!"
Him: "I donno...."
Me: "Well, think a little harder and then call me".

Two minutes went by and Little Missy called me.
Same scenario only instead of shrugging with a "I dunno" she said, " I NOT pee or poop in the pants or (else) I have to wear diaper and no pants."

I guess I had threatened earlier. . . they don't forget.
So we made a deal and compromised. They could get dressed but if they peed in their clothes again then they would get to wear unders with no pants. They also had to load the washing machine for me.

In 15 minutes they were both bare legged. I stayed right beside them and when I needed to go I made a big deal and a mad dash, etc... and they caught on and were doing the same thing. They went to bed that night having gone a whole afternoon of being dry in a T-shirt and underwear. Somehow it has to be their idea to make a change... They didn't even fuss about no pants.

This morning they can put on their pants... BUT we'll see how long they will get to wear them.

Anyone want to hazard a guess?

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

LOL! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Way to go :)