Sunday, May 16, 2010

Tea Party Fun

Christina hosted a garden tea party for several of her girlfriends today. They received little home made invitations from her a week ago and the excitement has been building all week. They were all dressed up and excited!! It was a little work to help her get ready, mow everything, and make sure all the food was prepared, etc... but it was worth it. Christina's been feeling like she hardly sees her friends and all we do is potty train. . . hmmmmm sounds like her mother. LOL! I don't want her feel like life had come to an end.

Little Miss was invited by mail, also, and she was thrilled. She LOVED every minute of the tea party and playing with the girls. She has quite an infectious laugh. The girls were very sweet to her even when she was stinky and poopy - and sadly she was a few times!!!!

Buster Brown was invited to a birthday party and so I sent Brianna with him and he had a good dose of imaginary play. The little boy has a tree house and it magically turns into a ship, or an island, or a fire engine, or forte on a whim and he is full ideas. Brianna had to guide him through this kind of play because he did not understand what was going on at first, but as he grasped it he enjoyed it, so long as they didn't change the storyline too quickly for him to follow. It's good to see the kids' experiences broadening. It's opening the minds to new thought. Anyway, I asked how he did and everyone thought he did great. I thought he might disintegrate within an hour or so, but he was happy and sweet and cuddly right up to closing his eyes in sleep. Today was day 9 of going potty and he had clean underwear all day and he so knows just how excited I am about that!!!!!!

Missy was exhausted tonight and she did fall apart. No screaming - thankfully, just stubborn and stomping around to show me how displeased she was with my requests. I don't allow stomping and acting haughty. I find it quite curious that she needs me to see just how offended she is even though she knows it won't be without consequences. Early bed worked for me tonight. Basically it was fulfilling a need as well as letting her know that her attitude wouldn't be doing her any favors.

The apple cider is helping. I couldn't find any in the grocery store... so dropped in on "famous little fruit candy factory in our town" and they had a very pretty bottle. $8. It lasted 3 days. We only live in Apple Capital.... but it's not the season! We even make it sometimes, but to make a long story short I checked out one of the fruit stands and they had it in half gallon jars for $5. The lady was very kind and interested and she gave the kids each a smaller bottle after I had paid for a gallon. She told me her name and encouraged me that this would do the job for Missy. The trick will be to find out just how much is enough and not to give her too much. She is quite okay with going gluten free. Surprisingly it didn't faze her that some of the treats at the tea party were forbidden...

We've made quite a big deal of putting flax into everything for the twin's bowel health. . . and I read just the other day in a book about speech problems that flax will help with improving speech issues. All the Omega3's are good for the brain. I knew that of course, but I had not connected it to speech before, so now we are making brain bars ( full of flax and walnuts and pumpkin seeds, etc... and taste sort of like fudge) for the twins and dumping the omega rich foods in everything! I know we are making progress.... I just can't wait until their ears are cleaned out on Tuesday. It should make a difference to be able to hear - you think?

I'll post the brain bar recipe sometime. It's actually on my other blog... which, POOOF! disappeared today. Yup three years of blogging is missing. Apparently Homesteadblogger is changing everything and supposedly they aren't planning on losing our posts. We'll see. I'll sure be sad if they do. I have all the tea party photos ready to post and no blog to post it to. SAD

4 comments:

GB's Mom said...

Glad the cider is helping. Baby steps, maybe, but there is real progress :)

stellarparenting.com said...

hope the ear work helps! COuld you get apple cider at the health food store? Just a thought. Our grocery store carries it year round here.

La Tea Dah said...

Yum, your Omega 3 fudge sounds so good. We used to make something similar and named it "tummy broom fudge". The kids loved the name!

Jenny said...

I make my own bread. I don't put flax seed in it. Maybe I should. One of my girls is having tummy troubles also. Do you grind your own or buy it ground?