Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Beautiful Things are Coming

It wasn't my intention that this blog should turn into the poop chronicles. I would have rather have written a beautiful blog with only sweet things to say...

But I promised to be honest and real. No sugar coating the truth.

When we were called to invest our time and family in needy children I had no idea our calling would include 50 million pairs of poopy pants and hours, days, weeks and months hugging smelly, screaming kids on toilet seats encouraging more poop. Who would have ever thought? Even understanding that the twins wore diapers at 6 years old, I did not know what training them would mean. No one knew. We entered the surprisingly deep, dark cavern of their fear and stubbornness, poor health and experimentation with only a hope that somewhere there would be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

I see it.

There's a few shafts of light coming through now.

I can't promise we are anywhere near the entrance of the cave, but I know that beautiful things are coming.

Our incredible journey through the dark will be worth it, 'cause beautiful things are coming.

4 comments:

GB's Mom said...

How wise you are to see the beautiful things in your future. {{{Hugs}}}

stellarparenting.com said...

your right there is always beauty sometimes it gets lost in the shuffle

Anonymous said...

Just so you know...I appreciate your "Poop Blog". I find strength in your thoughts, ideas and stories. I've taken some of your personal experiences and used them on our little guy.

rachel said...

came here from No Greater Joy blog... I admire your devotion to your little ones. adoption is so wonderful but often so hard. I am not dealing with poop issues but I have lots to deal with, too. It gives me courage and makes me feel not so alone when I read about other adoptive moms who are dealing with unusual and difficult issues. who also choose to love children from hard places. day in and day out. Agape love and kindness to those who are not always loveable.