Sunday, May 30, 2010

Marathon Day

It is impossible to accomplish everything that needs to be done today. Steve and girls will be home by 9 pm.... (make that an hour past what he says and it should be about right.) And we leave at 4 am for Alaska..................

I fell into bed last night at 8:30 and slept hard. Yesterday wasn't too bad. Missy woke up in a bad mood and I was a basket case (blame the hormones) and everytime she defied me I bawled and the more she acted up the harder I cried until I was praying out loud for strength to get through the morning. I asked Little Guy to go and get me my Bible and he opened it to 2nd Chronicles before giving it to me and asked " Is this your verse?" I flipped the page over to chapter 20 and prayed through it. "The battle is not yours, but GOD's." Missy gave up and decided to be on my side. I don't think she cared for all the crying --- HA!!!!! a dose of her own medicine, but she had a change of heart, too.

We were late for church, but we were in time for the sermon. Though I had not brought a thing for potluck I stayed when I was invited because I didn't have the energy to go home. We were blessed by the caring of the Tom and Elaine and the kids ate heartily. We went with them to the homeless ministry in the park where the kids played with their friends. We arrived home by 5 and I laid down on the couch for a nap. Buster came out all changed and says, "Are these good clothes for our hike up the mountain?"

"A hike up the mountain? WHAT hike!!!!!!"  Well, of course, we ALWAYS go hiking on Sabbath.

"It's Sabbas", he says."Which mountain are we climbing?"

 I hauled myself off the couch and threw their bikes in the back of the car and took them to the river and I walked the length of the smooth path while they rode. He's figured out how to start himself on the bike without help now.

Okay, so off to my impossible day remembering that, "The battle is not yours, but GOD's"

1 comment:

GB's Mom said...

A good thing to remember :)