Friday, May 14, 2010

Better

I am feeling better, thank you.  I had to.... life doesn't stop for me. It was a good thing hubby was home yesterday to watch the kids. I spent a greater part of my day in the DMV just getting Vanessa scheduled for her driver's test next week. When we were finally served the guy took a look at my license and saw that it would expire in two months and suggested we get it renewed right then and there so I wouldn't have to wait in line again. How very kind of him!!! One problem: I have hated the picture on my driver's license for the last how many years. It doesn't really look like me, so this year I was going to make sure it looked like me. HA! Well, I was not expecting to have it done for another two months and so, being the hot day that it was, and being in a rush to get from my shower to speech, and from speech to home, and from home to algebra, and from algebra to the DMV I happened to be wearing my hair in two ponytails. My hair was wet when I left the house and my neck was burned so this was the easiest.... SO my photo on my driver's license has this 40 year old in pigtails. Lovely. Just Lovely!

Speaking of algebra... Last week Vanessa took the college entrance exam and she scored 99% in writing, and 98% in reading but a lowly 34% in algebra, so we hired a tutor to bring her and Brianna up to speed and that has added to the running-around we do. We are trying to fit in 2 sessions a week. My days are full. Speech, PT, OT, writing classes, piano, harp, flute, biology, etc... and now algebra, too. You are all wondering where the HOME fits into homeschooling, I'm sure! The school year is ALMOST over - YES! Christina learned yesterday that she won 1st place in our local newspaper's Young Writer's Contest and Brianna won 3rd place, so we are doing the happy dance here.

The twins spent a lot of time outdoors. We had planned to go out in the evening but I stayed home and tried to put them to bed early since they were whiny and tired. It didn't work out so well. Missy flatly refused to go potty and it turned into a screaming session that lasted an hour. I just carried on with giving Buster some attention and read him a story etc... and when he was finally in bed I turned my attention on her. She escalated at that point, but I was firm and eventually she did what I said. Later I was holding her and talking to her about how I wanted her to grow up sweet and beautiful, but laying on the floor screaming is ugly and makes me think she's being a naughty baby. I reminded her that no matter what she has to do what I ask and she can do it sweetly and happily or she can be ugly about it and be miserable and she still has to obey. I don't know if she was tired of me talking or if she truly was heartfelt, but she spontaneously apologized for her behavior with many promises to be a good girl today. I hope it is true. She had been a stinker from the moment she got up yesterday.

My husband is losing his mind. He said something about expanding the house and getting ten more kids....

3 comments:

GB's Mom said...

At least he is expanding the house first, then getting more kids! Mine wanted to do it the other way around!

Kelly said...

Congrats to your girls on their academic achievements.

You tell your hubby I said, "Go for it!" but as for me.....9 is enough! I can't even think about 15. LOL

:)De said...

So glad you are feelig better. I would love to see that new pic. LOL! Tells your girls "Nice Job!"

Peace