Friday, May 21, 2010

Success

We are still in yonder big city. Found out my dad - world traveling preacher, was in same yonder big city at the same time as us waiting in the airport while we were touring airplanes with the kids. Hmmmmm.....

Buster was able to do a partial job before we left on the trip and then after lunch did another and was super successful and went swimming with the girls and Steve for the first time. He was so happy. He was sure he could just jump in the pool and swim like everybody else. LoL. I made him wear water wings and he quickly adjusted.

His sister messed her pants regularly as usual all afternoon. She was dry and clean all morning but come afternoon she was a disaster. While checking out the girls in the pool she peed puddles on the floor - twice! I took her up to the hotel room for a bath and she started to poop in the tub. I switched her to the toilet but she was refusing. I told her she could eat supper soon as she did a big one and in 5 minutes she had. DOn't tell me she isn't in control of this!!!!!!!! I realize she can't "go" easily, but she can stay dry and like I always say, she can at least try.. .

Touristing was interesting. Missy does really well with it. Little guy gets pretty excited and when he crashes, he crashes! It's a little embarrassing to deal with a tantrum in public but we didn't change a thing about how we handled it and eventually he was able to pull himself together for the rest of the day - but he stayed close to me. On one of my bathroom (long bathroom breaks) with Missy he was crying when I came out and sobbed in my arms for a couple minutes and then was fine again.

Today is Children's Hospital day for teeth issues and then home again.

No comments: