Saturday, May 15, 2010

"Buster Pooped in My Pants!!!!!!!!!!!"

LOL! We are still rolling on the floor laughing here. It was so spontaneous and oh so ridiculous and said with so much vehemence that the entire family was in stitches!! I wanted to show Buster that I was very, very pleased with him for keeping his pants clean today that I offered him a small bowl of soy ice-cream as a treat before supper. Not only has he kept his pants clean ALL day, this was day 8 of faithfully having a good sized bm in the right place every morning before going into the day's activities. This doesn't mean he hasn't had accidents in the last 8 days, but this is a true milestone and deserved recognition. I gave him the ice-cream while his twin was outside and he was thoroughly enjoying and savoring it so that it took him longer than it probably should have and Missy came in to see the tail end of the treat disappear before her very eyes. He carefully explained to her that he had kept his pants poop free all day and this was his reward. She just stared at him in utter disbelief. Then she put a huge pout on her face and turned and marched towards the door. He mind was wheeling... and suddenly she came out with her ridiculous statement and threw herself into Vanessa's arms! We were laughing hysterically. We couldn't help it. Steve said, "It's the age old response. The blame game."

I have had a VERY hard day with Missy over the underwear issue. She and I missed Sabbath School again and she was hardly sweet to deal with. We barely made it to the church in time. We were having a big concert with the children's choir and being I'm in charge I absolutely needed to be there. The concert went well, but the panties did not survive. . . and neither have a half a dozen pairs since. This is a kiddo who can't lie and get away with it. Her eyes give her away. She'll tell you her panties are clean and if you didn't have a nose you would still know it isn't true. She can't hold her gaze and those baby blues scream "Liar". Poor kid! I know she's frustrated, but she does need to try and cooperate. We were an hour or more late to our picnic lunch on account of her potty issues and she couldn't even keep clean through the lunch.

Anyway, she is officially on a gluten free diet starting last night. It isn't so bad since I'm already cooking gluten free for my dh and Brianna. I so badly want her to be successful I'll do whatever it takes. I'm at my wits end. It's been ten weeks since we launched into potty training..... I have to say it is VERY isolating.

3 comments:

GB's Mom said...

It is very isolating when the kid(s) you are toilet training are 6! If you found the cider, stick with it for a couple of days, and as it works on their system, be sure to reduce the miralax. The other thing that can help, without diarrhea as a side effect is the probiotics in that are in some of the yogurts- we use Activia. Prayers and Hugs.

Laurie

stellarparenting.com said...

hang in there, it can be really isolating but it will not last forever wven though some days it feels like it.

shastastevens said...

Hugs!