Wednesday, July 6, 2011

They're Gone

Steve and the girls left this morning at 3:15 or so. The house is dark and quiet and kind of lonely. It's going to be interesting to see how the twins react to this new arrangement.

 I'm a little overwhelmed at the thought of all the gardens, animals, house, mowing, weed wacking, etc.. that is pretty much up to me, myself and I for the next 4 weeks.Steve will be home a little, but he plans to work overtime when he can. There will be less laundry and fewer dishes, but I'm not sure if that's enough to tip the scale in my favor. No one knows just what hard workers my girls are. It takes all of us to keep the place going.

I'm changing up the routine and will hopefully get a plan going that works.

Missy has been settled and pretty easy going. I have seen less control tactics in the last few weeks than usual though we have an explosive tantrum every few days. I had warned her before going out on the 4th that she was to stay fairly close to me, that she would be in my boat, etc... I know this sounds awful, but I told her she couldn't be huggie, huggie and holding hands, and hanging off the other ladies' necks. Two times on the outing she squirmed her little hand into someone else's hand, remembered, looked at me and came over and grabbed my hand. There's a fine line between a child's normal friendliness that includes touch and closeness and that of  inappropriate attention seeking. Even when she was holding the other gals' hands I sensed that she was not crossing the line, but she and I were able to communicate with our eyes and she did not shut me off. I feel this is huge progress.

Okay, off to see if I can catch a wink or two before the day starts in earnest. Yikes!! Gonna need all the energy I can scarf up.

2 comments:

Trinie said...

I see you couldn't sleep either! I miss him so much already. I pray their characters are even stronger when they get back home. If you need anything I am here. Bring the twins swimming! Bless you my friend!

~marci~ said...

I am lost without my helper too! I will be praying for you guys and our kids. May their hearts be open to growing in Jesus.