Sunday, July 24, 2011

One of THOSE Days

Missy is actively looking for reasons to lie.

I have had her right next to me all day. It's the ol' apron strings trick.

She has lied a blue streak ALL. DAY.

I have called her on each one.

Mostly she lies to get out of taking responsibility for her disobedience, but it's taking on a life of it's own. She has gone so far as to say she saw the gander fly over the barn. The geese don't fly. I mean, I saw him once fly 3 feet off the ground for about 10 feet the other day and he was just as surprised as I was at his feat. He is certainly not flying over barn roofs. The ducks, yes, the geese, no.

We talked about her making up stories for attention. We talked about how that's lying to try and get people to believe things happened that did not.

Hours later I sent her with some dead flowers to the compost. She came back with a  big story of how BOTH geese flew over the other barn this time.

I just looked at her.

She smirked.

I said, "What did you just do?"

She laughed and giggled and batted her eyes refused to talk and finally said, " I lied".

I have disciplined her plenty. It means nothing. She wants something from me and I don't know what it is. She is at the moment screaming and yelling at me and I am not responding. Nothing I do or say will make a difference. There are no tears. There is no real anger. She would like me to believe she is mad, but it's all a theatrical display. She's just trying to get something or some reaction.  I don't really have a solution.

James has about had it with her. In tears he said, "I don't like her!!"

1 comment:

Mama in Uganda said...

How I can relate, unfortunetly. Especially the theatrical displays.

I now encourage the brothers and sisters to pray for their "tough" sibling. It has been neat to see them truly concerned with her soul.

Sorry.

May the Lord lift you up on wings like eagles.

S