Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Project #1

It's 10 PM and I'm finally sitting down.

The kids and I worked hard today. We worked together. I had them clean the entry way closet and before you know it I was painting the inside. It's like new and you wouldn't believe the stuff we found in there. Even some stuff that isn't ours.
James took a few pictures of me painting
but 
ah, yeah, he might take a few lessons from Bri sometime.
They aren't the most flattering pictures.

Clean and simple.

Delores took the twins swimming with her two and that gave me a couple hours of uninterrupted work time.
I watered gardens,
mowed 2 sections (out of 7 not counting the pasture)
caught up on all the washing and folding, 
attacked the ant problem in the kitchen,
cleaned out the entry way bench,
and prepared food.
And now the animals are all fed and watered and put to bed.
The dishes are all done.
The crock pot is full.
The kids are asleep
and I think I've done all I can do for one day.

The van load of travelers arrived safe and sound.
I think they are in for a really good experience. I'm looking forward to hearing of their adventures.

2 comments:

Trinie said...

I just sat down too! Our day was busy and we accomplished a lot also. It sounds like everyone has settled in huh? We would love to have you guys come and swim. I just heard that Rhett's brother and family are coming into town and I am trying to get things ready for them. I think it will have to be next week. Let's pick a day. Let me know what works for you and we will go from there. My twins and Seth would love it! I hope you are doing okay. It sounds like our husbands will be home late tomorrow....? We shall see...

Jennifer P said...

Sounds like a very productive day. Glad it is going well. I love when one or more of my kids is out for a week because I get to see other dynamics between the ones at home.