Friday, July 15, 2011

A Brother is Born for Adversity


...NOT to be adversaries.
A certain set of siblings did not get that memo.
I now introduce to you my twins,  Jacob and Esau.

This weary Mama has had enough of the adversity created between them.
It was time for a new approach
so, I sat them back to back on the porch and told them to work it out.
I figure if they are going to  knock each other out - 
now was as good a time as any.
* just kidding*

When they finally stopped smacking each other's head with their own 
and decided to sit quietly back to back
I had them stand up and face one another,
arms around each other in a bear hug.
When they  eventually saw the humor in it all and started to giggle
I brought the Popsicles out
and told them they had to feed each other.

Missy dropped James' popcicle on the porch, but she fed it to him anyway.
Ewww!
I hope they don't get worms or something as a result of my experiment.
Ack!

The rest of the afternoon they are doing jobs TOGETHER.
They both have to take out the compost and they have to wait for each other.
They have to sort the laundry TOGETHER,
water the strawberries Together,
and not get a break from each other at all.

At the moment they are getting along just fine.
I hope it lasts.

On a side note, we have not had a real tantrum since July 3.
Missy has been showing great restraint and self-control.
I  can see in her face that she is making a conscious choice to swallow the storm
and just face the challenge.
Good for her! It's a step in the right direction.


A friend loveth at all times,
and a brother is born for adversity.
Proverbs 17:17

No comments: