Friday, July 8, 2011

It's Friday

The girls are settling in and running into old acquaintances and making new friends. They are quite happy there is an exercise track in the trees and they have been using it. Brianna is a bit worried about the late nights... Steve says it will do her some good to experience a little variance to her routine and comfort.  It's the nature of evangelistic work to be late in the evening and the drive is considerable.Vanessa calls me multiple times a day with every exciting detail - as usual. Bri finally called last night. She doesn't like using the phone and sometimes I wonder why we got her a cell. Vanessa's all excited and Brianna is tentative. They get their assignments today.

Missy is gearing up for a blow out. I felt it yesterday all afternoon. She was needling. Repeating of obvious questions, pushing the limits, being extra slow and dilatory, bossing me around.It's not blatant just an undercurrent. She held it together when she was put in time out because she wanted to go swimming and because she knew Joyanna was coming to ride bikes. This morning she came out happy and at my first request she balked. I returned her to her room and I am not sure I want to bring her back out. When is the explosion coming? Last night I think that I stalled it by jumping the gun on her and telling her to go ahead and scream but it would make no difference.She ended up crying real tears of disappointment because she missed the bedtime story playing around instead of getting ready for bed. When she realized I was finished reading to James she was quite sorry.

Jared and Joyanna came over to bike ride. Neither is used to gravel road or riding on such a hill. Jared and James were flying down the hill side by side when Jared lost control and had a major wipe out on the corner.  He might have had better success on his own bike.Anyway,  mango coconut ice cream bars all around seemed to ease the pain quite a bit.

I'm looking forward to Steve arriving home tonight. He and Rhett stayed with good friends last night so they are half way home. I'm feeling slow and dilatory myself this morning. Gotta get a move on.There are ducks and geese and rabbits to feed and dog and cats and gardens to water, lawns to mow and cucumbers to pick....

No comments: