Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Boring or Not

I'm almost jealous just sitting here watching tomato plants grow. 
The girls are, all three, encountering new
experiences and having exciting adventures
and it's making life at home look pretty boring especially since the twins have 
left off the drama and are acting quite like you would expect children to. --
Don't get any ideas.
I LIKE BORING!
I really do.

Actually, it's not all boring. 
I have had the most amazing answer to prayer
come in the most unexpected manner
and restored to me a gift and faith in people and in friendships.
Would you believe it?
Concern, compassion and community still exist.
I pray that I can follow God's lead to do my part.
The Lord is Good!
I thank Him for His orchestration and 
use of my fellowmen who were willing to obey to accomplish His purpose.
And that's all you get.
Sorry.

So back to the girls.
Christina went on vacation - wait a minute, I thought she already was on vacation-
So, I guess she went on vacation from her vacation to 
work
on building two churches.
 Confused yet?
Jason and his crew of girls/women + 11 yr old Caleb put up 
two One Day Churches near Matema Beach 
where they were staying in a lovely cottage on Lake Malawi.
My guess is Jason worked triple time to keep everybody doing their part.
(Though, my mom's abilities in the building department are nothing to sneeze at.)
For fun they went swimming after their work.
You can read Jason's version of the story here:

Last night Vanessa found herself in a position to teach little inner city children,
who didn't even know who Jesus was,
all about Him.
She told them the story of the great controversy in the simplest form.
This is her most comfortable element - working with kids.
This she knows and has experience with.
She is learning to give Bible studies and has been chosen to go and be discipled in this work.
  And she's very excited about that. She's not afraid to volunteer, either.
The Bible worker took her and some other young people to go minister to a homeless
couple staying in field yesterday.
This young couple is struggling with drug addiction,
however, they have expressed a desire for something better.
The Bible worker and team brought them blankets and 
encouraged them to come back to church and try Jesus.
Brianna and Natalie are working a country area.
Garhett a wealthy part of the city.
So the experiences differ widely!!
Brianna is working with kids, Natalie giving health talks,
they are singing, 
praying, 
visiting people in their homes.

Well, guess I'll get back to my "boring" kids :-P

No comments: