Saturday, July 23, 2011

It was no little melt-down. When she blew, she blew!! Mount St. Helens came to mind.

But I am here to say she recovered quicker than I have ever seen her recover. I took a little longer. I was fine at first; calm, all that. But later the adrenaline kicked in and I shook for an hour. I had a hard time looking past the behavior then to being able to give her hugs assure her that I love her, which she absolutely needed. She was ashamed and figured she didn't deserve love. You could see it.  Later she gave me the biggest kiss and hug.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Those post traumatic stress symptoms are so hard. I can so relate to this post. Sorry. But so glad Missy recovered quickly. I am seeing this same sign of progress in Jackson. So encouraging. Hate the rages but love that they are not lasting as long.

We WILL make it. :)

Inga said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!