Saturday, June 11, 2011

Well, Blow Me Down!

It's an old expression of my very English father-in-law.

And it suits the occasion.

James could care less about my predictions yesterday. At least in part. He cared not a wit about pleasing or displeasing anybody. Nor would he get dressed or obey or be respectful one bit.

ALL. DAY!

Hence my very serious migraine last evening and all night.

The part of the prediction he did fulfill was that once he was on the downward spiral he chose to go all the way. It was his purpose to make me angry and by mid- afternoon he had succeeded very well. Once there he didn't like it, and though I lost my fervor fairly soon I gave him no end of letting him think I was where he had wanted me and that it was no easy trick to get me back to sweet and easy. While I repent of my failure,  I hope he will learn something from it. People in real life, people who don't love him, people who he will have to rub shoulders with someday will not put up with such nonsense with patience.

Truth was, I was exceedingly disappointed in him!!

All the while Missy played the part of a saint. . . .

Oh, such exasperation!!
Such, foolish, foolish games!!

I know the truth that no one can make me lose my patience. Only I can do that. I don't really want James to believe he has that kind of power over me, either, because he can't take my Joy in the Lord. I am totally the one at fault, there. And it goes both ways. I am not responsible for his peace and happiness. I can show him the way, but I cannot compel him to BE happy.

He has the choices before him. Choose Christ and His joy, or choose Self and misery. There's no in between.You can't have a part in both worlds. You can only have one.

No man can serve two masters: 
for either he will hate the one, 
and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, 
and despise the other. 
Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
Matthew 6:24

1 comment:

Mama in Uganda said...

I often tell my two toughies that they need to be thankful that they are in this family--where Jesus Christ reigns and therefore grace and mercy rest. In the "real world" no one is going to tolerate an ounce of their attitude{s}. It will be a miserable existence if they do not choose Christ, soon.

Do not loose hope.

Blessings and peace be upon you,
S