Saturday, June 4, 2011

Fifty Cows

Steve called Africa last night. Mom said she was offered 50 cows for Christina. Steve jokingly said he was holding out for a hundred. The guy who offered 50 cows was apparently a doctor. Yeah, what kind of a doctor?  A witch doctor? The kid is all of 13 years old.... but at 5 feet 8 inches a lot taller than the kids there. Reminds me of my days in Zambia. My dad had a lot of fun bargaining with border patrols and soldiers to see how many cows he could get for me. He thought he was being funny. I wasn't the least impressed and the guys were rather bold in their hopefullness.

I was at church earlier. I'm having muscle spasms so bad that I had to come home for a muscle relaxant. The treatments are doing their thing.... making things worse before they get better. As soon as the relaxant kicks in I'll head back.

I had a fun chat with my sister-in-law and girls in Africa on Skype. They just got skype so we are all loving the opportunity to talk and hear each other's voices. Too cute to hear the kids. Their little dog was very sick but is on the mend, thankfully.

The weather is gorgeous and we planned a picnic for this afternoon with a bunch of friends. The twins are really looking forward to it.  They know how to be good when something is planned!! Missy is relaxing a bit so James is picking up the slack with a little stick poking... but not today, because he wants to enjoy the picnic. Smart kid. ;-)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

It is amazing just how good they can be when they want something. Infuriates me really. Why, oh why, don't they just behave for the sake of respect and enjoying life? Oh the mysteries.

stellarparenting.com said...

glad to hear that they are sharing the stick though, 2 sticks is overwhelming. Get better

Anonymous said...

Hey Ange, you wouldn't want to deny your poor old dad his one chance at being rich would you? I thought it was flattering seeing how many cows you were worth.

momof4boys said...

Hey, nobody ever offered cows for me. Now how flattering is that? It was because you were beautiful. So is Christina.
Be grateful for that beauty! I never really let it get to me but when I was a kid I so wished that I could be beautiful like you. Still do!
Lots of cows means lots of beauty. It's just a compliment.