Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Forget THAT Idea!

 Silly me.

I thought I would have a little nap this afternoon.

There's something in the air. I've been expecting it, though I don't know what it is. At this time of year something is floating around in the air that causes lung problems, but this year I am prepared. I have my inhaler. Let's see if we can ward off a full blown asthma season....  I'm feeling it, though, and I thought I would take a little nap.

Good luck, Charlie!!!

The girls took two very excited, very worthy children to the pool and I lay my head down on the pillow and closed my weary eyes for a whole three seconds.

I tell you what! My house phone never stopped ringing.

So I unplugged it.

And then I lay there trying to distinguish the quacking of the duck from the quacking of the cell phone.

I told you I was silly.

If I weren't the cell would have been turned off, and it would have a respectable ring tone instead of mimicking a very common sound around our house. The quacking was sooo incessant I got up at last  to see if a some predator was after the duck.

It was Vanessa.
Not after the duck, calling my cell.

She'd just been through a replica of last year's fiasco at the pool.

"You're kidding, right?"

NOT AT ALL!

Well, that puts an end to his freedom of going places with the girls.  He's done. I'm done....

Wait!

I just learned that I can't say that. Cookies and cakes are done.
Apparently I have to say, I'm finished 'cause people are finished and things are done. 
Hmmm. 
Can I just say I'm THROUGH? 
How come I never learned this in school?  ...........
Oh, yeah. 
I never went to school
and no one told my mother about this rule
even though she did go to school.
Or maybe they did and she forgot to tell me.
Unless, of course, the whole conflict is obsolete in French school.
Never mind. Just keep learning.

So, little boy blue is sitting on a stool in his room. Hopefully thinking of the folly of displaying such outrageous behavior in public. Wishful thinking, I'm sure.
And I?
I have given up all dreams of nap.

I leave you with a pic of Missy from this morning. 
She was caught flat on her back on her bed talking on her  (dead) cell phone.
"Hello Jesus....."


1 comment:

Kelly said...

I have given up ALL hope of ever having a nap in our house too. I told hubby the other day (in disgust after he got up from his nap), "please take me and only me on a vacation where I can just sleep for about 5 days".