Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankful

This very tired Momma is thankful that today was peaceful.

Missy did well today.  She wanted to help me clean the house and cook and bake which was great. She struggled  with accepting the little chores given her. There was always something else she would rather do, but she kept it together and did her work well.

I fell off the magnesium wagon again. I know! How could I forget??????. Missy had some first thing this morning and I really believe it does help. Perhaps her nerves are just a bit less inflamed or something. She has her struggles with big feelings, but she can at least keep from falling off the edge of the cliff with a little help from the magnesium. (Maybe some day I'll tell you I'm totally out to lunch).

James came home with a good report from school. The teacher is understanding his response to stress a little more and that just might help things go smoother.

I introduced the kiddos to cuisinaire rods.  James is in LOVE. lol. Imagine. It's math after all.





When asked to fold up the plastic again today both kiddos headed out and got to work. Missy put her head to it and was done in 10 minutes flat. James was doing great until she finished before him and then he got frustrated and cried and carried on and had a total melt down. I went out and gave him a hand. I tried to encourage him. I did everything except actually do his work for him and he refused to cooperate.I gave him permission to cry and have his big fuss, but reminded him that it probably wouldn't do a whole lot of good. Finally I went back to my work. An hour later he decided it wasn't going to do itself and he did it. Took him all of 10 minutes - maybe not that long.  He was all, "Mommy. I did it! I did a great job, too!" silly boy.

I am thankful Vanessa did well in her chemistry test. This quarter has been a tough one. This girl is not an auditory learner at all. In fact, she can not even decipher what the chem teacher is saying half the time he talks so fast. It's been a lot of hard work, but she's doing it. Both girls had a lot of tests this week and this weekend they have no homework. NICE.

I'm thankful it's Friday! Happy Sabbath.

No comments: