Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hit the Ground Running~

It's good to get away sometimes.
Things have a tendency to pile up while we are gone, though....

Missy was tested today. I know nothing. I figure they didn't want to talk to me about the results in front of her, or they hadn't calculated the scores to know what they meant yet. I'm pretty sure she gave it her best shot. She was in a chipper mood and was pretty anxious to please the pretty girl testing her... I think.

I must tell you that the twins did amazingly well on the trip. Neither child had a single bathroom issue. NOT one. That's progress folks!!!! Missy seemed to connect with Grandma, James with Uncle Peter. James had Aunty Vickie pretty amazed when she tried to spell something over his head. Yeah, right! We have taken to  spelling backwards. He also caught on to Peter's funny streak . . .and he even let Uncle Peter call him Jimmy. Haha. No one else has been allowed that privilege.

We saw the same big horned sheep on our way home, that we saw on our way up North. He was in the same place and let us get even closer. We were super excited to see a mama moose... until we realized why she was out in the open. Her calf had been hit by a car.

The up coming Christmas program details weigh heavy... I haven't organized well enough. Journey to Bethlehem is first and takes up 4 days, so not many have energy to devote to the church program yet.

Sweet Leila's surgery was today. I was grateful to hear that it went well and they did not have to do as much as they thought they would and that is a major good thing since this was brain surgery on a little peanut all of 5 years old! God is good and He is taking care of that little bitty girl!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Man, I am so glad I don't have bathroom issues with my two. Potty training my two (almost three) year old is enough for me in that area. LOL

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. I really, really needed that reminder that it is okay to keep them seperated. I want soooooo badly for them to be normal siblings with each other but they are obviously not ready. I have been gradually adding time together (with us present, of course) into their days but our house is in total chaos as a result. Thank you for your support and comment.

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

Sorry, that was me that deleted the comment. I accidentally posted it twice so I deleted one of them.

Melissa said...

I find these little breaks from the day to day life really help me see things differently. I can look at life with a new perspective. I'm glad the twins were good. Sure makes a long trip more enjoyable, I'm sure. :)