Thursday, November 10, 2011

Blogging Blues

You ever get those?



My blog is feeling dry... and boring... and well, it's kind of like running a treadmill to record the life of this adoptive family. Sooner or later that same old, same old story shows up again; same old tantrum, same spark of hope, same downhill slide, same surge of progress, - and rats, it's the same ol' kids! (kidding)  You know? Get's to sounding as repetitive as my life feels.

BUT

Every once in a while I go back and read past posts and I see, that yes, same story however, the intensity, the rawness, the newness, the chaos, the overwhelming hugeness of it all has diminished  with time. YAY!!!  Those kiddos are changing and finding the treasures of joy and peace in life, our family is growing in patience and love, the welding of hearts is being performed, and How Very Thankful I Am!


And still in all

it contributes to  DRY and BORING

and I feel like I'm losing my purpose.


So, I am not sure where to go with this blog right now. Or if I need to make a change from it just being my self inflicted therapy to something more useful, or what. Things might get a little sparse as I pray about that.

The children are getting older. There are no secrets about the blog. They know I write everything, and they say, "Hey mom! take a picture for your blog!!"  I am not sure they really understand that it means people also read?? Some day they'll read it for themselves... and laugh, (or not), and know how far God's grace has brought them. It's not just my testimony, it's theirs, too. It's my job to do it justice and I take that seriously.



9 comments:

~marci~ said...

Whatever you decide to do...just know that this blog is how our family got acquainted, and having my kids know your kids...is a blessing I will always cherish in my heart.

La Tea Dah said...

Oh yes, I get the blogging blues too! But rest assured that your blog is only mundane and dry to you --- but it isn't to your readers. You're doing a great job of sharing tidbits of life and all the dynamics it beholds! Ride it through --- we'd miss you if you took too long of a break.

On the other hand, my personal philosophy is that I blog without pressure. If I need a break, I take one. :D

Praying for the bloggy blues to go away...

Anonymous said...

What's all this about?? did the views on your blog go down? jk

acceptance with joy said...

Thanks ladies.

I don't plan on disappearing.Just rethinking my goals for the blog. I like to have a clear focus and for the last while I've wondered if my focus was headed in the right direction, or if I had a focus at all.

I do value all the friends I have made through the blog world very much and for me it's definitely about relationships....

but, obviously I should have something worthy of the time to write and read.

Maybe I'm the one who is bored with my treadmill stories.

LOL. I don't know who jk is or if they meant "joking" but whoever you are :-) my readership has not gone down. I stay pretty steady. The comments, though, come and go in spurts. I realize I am not so good at responding to each one and I should.... but hey, I can hardly respond to all my emails these days. Life is busy.

All the more reason not to waste people's time, right??

blessings!

Kelly said...

Don't leave me please!!! :-) I too have been through this same thing with my blog, ESP when I would get very little comments and then started getting some attacking comments. I promise to comment more if you keep posting :-) and I will be nice and encouraging too :-)

Can't wait to see what your family is up to next!

Sean Nebblett said...

If your circumstances seem ordinary, your response to those circumstances certainly is not. I call it extraordinary. There's nothing boring about the life that constantly refuses failure, and rises above... (bringing those around higher with it.) That's what I come here to read. :) And I dare say I am not alone.

Anonymous said...

Sean said most of what I was thinking of writing. God is using your blogs to encourage us. It certainly has been a blessing in my life. I am encouraged to keep close to our Heavenly father and He alone will give us the strength to go through the seemingly impossible circumstances the we find our ourselves in. Thank you Angela for being willing to be used by God!!!

acceptance with joy said...

I appreciate the kind words. Sometimes it's like you can't see the forest for the trees... you know? And then I begin to think, "what am I doing this for?" I have to step back and look at the big picture. When it comes to the twins, I have to step back and look at the big picture often, because the nitty-gritty day to day stuff can be discouraging if I dwell on it. Thanks for the encouragement you all have been to me on this journey.

I do pray this blog can be of benefit to someone some way.

blessings,

Marty Walden said...

Maybe it's the season of the year, but I've seen many other bloggers post the same thing. I agree that it is an encouragement to others walking the same path but it's also a great tool to look back and think, we're not where we used to be! It's easy to forget the small steps forward. I've been at this a long time and I wish I had started blogging earlier. I have forgotten so much but sometimes that it s a huge blessing!