Monday, November 14, 2011

Hasselback Potatoes {Food Idea of the Week}


How many of you notice I use my blog to motivate myself in various ways? :-) 
I've decided to post a NEW whole food recipe or idea a week. 
It might even require me to do a little research... 
I'm looking for a means to stay out of the same-old-same rut. 
This week was easy. 
Fay posted an idea on facebook and I ran with it!!! 
What's more, we LOVE it and it's so simple!

Bless your family with an old favorite in a delightful new guise.
This idea might be a nice change from the mash potatoes,
or baked potatoes you normally serve for Thanksgiving. 
It has eye appeal to go with the great flavor.

I'm not going to reinvent the wheel and write out the recipe. 
I'm going to send you to the place where I got it.


Here are my tips.

Smooth pretty potatoes make pretty hasselbacks.
I was kind of disappointing in the look from Russet potatoes.

Slice your potatoes between two cutting boards to keep from slicing through.


Most would probably peel their yams, but we just scrubbed ours well.


I did not use butter or margarine on my hasselbacks. 
I did brush them with oil.


Bon appetite!

5 comments:

momof4boys said...

Ok, now I know what is for supper today! I made gluten steaks last night and we will have some of these beautiful potatoes, both the yam and the Irish. We will add a salad and voila!!! Thanks

stellarparenting.com said...

like to thinly slice onions and put them into each slice on the potato, so good. Glad to see that things are moving forward down there, hang in there on the tough days!

Angie Tee said...

Thanks for the link. I agree with you on smooth potatoes. They do make pretty Hasselbacks.

Dee said...

I love this! I'm going to pass this on to my resident chef, Baby Girl, and see if we can pull these off anytime soon!

thanks,

Dee

Daniela said...

Oh they look so nice! I should make those for my Thanksgiving dinner...

Thanks for posting Angela!