Thursday, April 7, 2011

TMI - Might Be On to Something

James came running into the house, dropped his jacket and bee-lined for the bathroom. After doing his job he proudly told me he was living up to my expectation and I presented him with a much coveted all natural coconut milk ice-cream bar that we've recently discovered. It was almost lunch time and he was thrilled.

The look on his sister's face was priceless. WHAT is that James? Like she didn't know. Why you have that?? His explanation was one or two simple sentences.

I shewed them outside... and two seconds later she popped back in.

I need go poop.

Everybody laughed. Yeah right. She had already.

But HEY, when there's ice-cream involved, anything's possible!!

AND SHE DID.

And she further proved that she has been playing some serious games with me!

Like I warned, this post is TMI!

This morning she sat on the throne and fussed and fumed and carried on for 30 minutes about not being able to. This is normal. We've gone through this every single day for the last 13 months. Used to be times two, but recently her brother gave it up.

Eventually she produced a rabbit pellet or two. Finally I said, You know, I think you are just not ready to go. You can sit on the bench in the hall until you are ready.

Of course, that's not the place to be so within a minute she was saying she was ready.  I said, no, you need more time. I've been through this enough to know that we could go through the same song and dance on the toilet for another 30 minutes if she feels so inclined, so I made her sit longer. Eventually she was saying, Mom I ready now! I'm like, Oh, I don't know. maybe you should go jump on the trampoline for 5 minutes and make sure your body is doing it's work.

After the timer rang she bee-lined for the toilet and was done in 15 seconds.

Wouldn't you like to live at our house???
 
 What fun we have!! :-P

I tell you what, I play the game all day long with this child. I make sure to get the upper hand each and every second and it's just plain exhausting sometimes.

So the very fact that she could go to the bathroom at WILL when she's already done sufficient job to pass my inspection 3 hours previous YOU KNOW we're playing games!

She's really good at what she does. Wonder what she'll be when she grows up?

And yes, she got an ice-cream bar. I'll have to go and stock up and maybe buy shares in the SO-Delicious company.

3 comments:

GB's Mom said...

A game playing pro! It is a good thing she has such a smart mama :)

Mama in Uganda said...

Great news about James.

Spoken in love: I would be very careful about giving "treats" for obedience.

Blessings,
Summer

stellarparenting.com said...

What a smart mama they, she sees her game and calls her bluff. With these kids and this issue I would not be at all worried about the use of treats. It is a brutal issue to live with and I am all about doing whatever it takes to make into a non issue