Thursday, April 28, 2011

Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief

Boys are funny creatures. The one we've got keeps morphing from one person to another all day. He's the garbage man, he's a truck driver, he's an engineer, he's a pilot, he's an astronaut.  Everything is made complete with mouth noises...

One minute he's holding the hose over the bon fire declaring he's the fireman ready for an "emergency"... the next he's wearing protective eye ware and ear plugs watching Vanessa's every move using the weed whacker and telling everybody who will listen that he's going to do the weedwacking some day.

I showed Steve the post I put up earlier of the pictures of the twins when we first met them. He shook his head, "The kid was stoned! Now look at him. He's actually very quick and bright."

James has been very happy and easy going. Our only trial is he can't seem to wash his face. I might threaten him with doing it myself soon. Bet he'd like that. NOT. Every single meal he goes to wash up... and invariably comes back hardly looking better than before. I'm constantly resending to wash properly. I've watched him and showed him a bunch of times, but either he won't or he is not paying attention.

Missy has been doing okay, too. I told Steve this morning that I thought our streak of happy days were nearly used up and that I totally expected a melt down. Sure enough she's had about 3 misery episodes already.  The last was at lunch. Christina asked the kids to please rinse their plate, which was no big deal... it was the waiting her turn that apparently was too much. Christina reminded her to wait until James was done and quick as flash she grabbed a bowl full of dirty water and dumped it all over the clean dishes in the dishwasher rack. Impulsiveness can be such a trial. If she had had time to think I know she would not have done it. She didn't think. She just blew. She was pretty hot tempered and annoyed when I came into the picture. She wasn't going to come to me without a fight. She was wishing with all her might she hadn't done it I think... Getting her into the proper frame of mind was the challenge and then after that it was easy, she just had to wash all the dishes all over again herself, plus the ones on the counter. Took her a long time, but she stuck to the job with a pretty good attitude. Just don't tell her that I'll probably have to rewash all those dishes again when she's not looking.

2 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Typical boy, Angela - LOL! At James age they seem to be allergic to hair combing and face washing.

I can just picture Missy actually reveling in all that dish washing. It could be a pretty soothing task for her, actually.

Kudos to a good mom!

Kelly said...

It is great that he has an imagination and can come up with these things on his own!!! Really cute.

Jackson and Delaney can not feel things on their face. They can have food and drink running down their chin and stuck to their cheeks and they have no idea. It drives me crazy!!! Peyton is a neater eater, at two, than they are at 6 and 7. He knows when he has anything on his face and hates for his hands to be messy when eating. I am not sure why they never developed this but we have the same problem with our two. It is back and forth to the bathroom to wash up. UGH.

When I picked Delaney up from school yesterday she had dirt all over her face, both hands, fingernails, and arms up to her elbows. She had been on a field trip to a farm and had been petting and feeding animals and had even held a rat. Then they came back to school and had snack. YUCK. She said they didn't wash their hands they just got "magic soap" (hand sanitizer). She obviously needed more than a little hand sanitizer. I was beyond upset. I hate for my kids faces to be messy. They can be clean all over and have a messy face and look unkept and dirty.

Sorry. Can you tell this is a pet-peeve of mine?