Saturday, April 9, 2011

Smart Girl

She really is.

Yesterday was completely stress free.

When her brother went off to the children's meetings without her she smiled and wished him well. She sat by me on the couch and we looked at books.  When I asked her if she had been obedient for her sisters when I went to my appointment she was honest and told me that Brianna had told her not to play with the guitar, but she did anyway and Vanessa had her sit on the bench. She complied without a fit. But the best part is she didn't lie to me.

She let me know she knows I am the boss, and that the girls have authority over her that she does not have. She brought that up herself.

She is hoping with all her heart that she can go to tonight's meeting.

This week she missed: speech, the children's meetings, school on Wednesday (she may or may not connect that it's spring break), she did not get to go grocery shopping or with me to choir. More than any other consequence, losing the privilege of going out hits it where it hurts.

Two days ago I started her on niacin. It has a calming effect, but I seriously think the loss of privilege has her toeing the line.

James came home from the meeting and told me all about it. He also started watching our set of animal videos called the Trials of Life. He is totally intrigued. I thought it might be over his head, but he's enjoying them and telling anybody who will listen about the animals. I might have to get the Blue Planet and Planet Earth series for him someday. He's becoming more and more observant of nature. He's come a long ways from calling deer kangaroo.

No comments: