Monday, October 17, 2011

Trial

The Lord has given me an opportunity to put to practice what I'm preaching. I'm being tested in where I let my thoughts go and have been since Tuesday. You see, one of my daughters had someone video tape some lectures, but then in good faith they loaned us the camera so that she could watch those videos. We could not ever get the thing to work for us at all. Eventually we just returned it....

At least that is what we remember.

Tuesday this family asked for their camera back.

????

Sadly, both houses have been ripped to shreds in an effort to find it and it has not been recovered. Neither of us have it - such a mystery!

I just keep pulling my thoughts back to this one truth; The Lord KNOWS where it is and He could choose to reveal it to us whenever He wishes. There has got to be a reason for this trial. Only, I hope the reason is for the other family's sake and not mine, because this is a GREAT BIG deal to them and I hate to be the cause of their trouble! (Is that selfish of me??)

I'm at the point of buying them a new one.

All this while I'm fighting off thoughts that sound super silly on paper.

Over-generalizations such as:
* "I'll NEVER let anyone in this house borrow anything EVER again for as long as I live!!"
Mind-readings such as:
* "I bet they just think thus and such of us!!"
Fortune-Telling thoughts such as:
"I just know this is going to ruin our friendship."
Magnification:
"This is the end of the world!"
"This is enough to make me really upset!"
Etc, etc......

BUT nope, while those thoughts do come and seek permission to enter, I refuse to to let them in. I refuse to believe them and I won't own them. Maybe someday those kind of thoughts will cease to beg entrance. I'm thanking the Lord that I'm not totally stressed out by this, but I'm still praying for a miracle.

For as he thinks in his heart,
so is he.
Proverbs 23:7


1 comment:

Mission Pilot said...

While reading your post it was like deja-vu for me... the tent we borrowed and our puppy chewing the corner to shreds. I really felt like yelling at the dog for a moment there... And yes, I promised myself we WOULD NEVER EVER BORROW ANYTHING AGAIN! :) But here's some unsolicited advice... this too shall pass. It will.

Love, Antionette