Friday, October 28, 2011

Cement Truck is here....

The progress on the porch is making big headway today.... Pictures later.

So, yesterday I only had one opportunity to use my new get-your-mind-off-yourself tactic. The kids were almost totally walking the line. I think my hiatus made a temporary impression and it made for a pretty calm day and there were no wet or otherwise messy pants, either. I was quizzing James in the car on something and he unconsciously slipped into his I'm-not-going-to-answer-you-if-I-don't-want-to mode and I just pulled off to the side of the road and just like that he made a conscious choice to change modes. lol

I just started talking about how Mrs. VonBergen's horse had died and that I was thinking of making her a card because she was so sad. Not only did her horse die,  but at the beginning of the week  Mr.VonBergen's  little dog died also. I couldn't see any  kind of response to know if they were thinking at all, but this morning Missy went to Christina with some pretty card stock and asked for help to write Mrs. V a sympathy card. It's all ready to deliver. A pretty sure sign that her naval gazing has been interrupted with the noble thought that perhaps she could do a little something to make the day brighter for someone else, you think? Better get mine written, eh?

I want to post some encouragement from a friend found in my comment box. Thank you, Sharon. I pray the Lord makes me into a Godly mother worthy of such an honor.

The day of God will reveal how much the world owes to godly mothers. . . . {Mar 308.3}

When the judgment shall sit, and the books shall be opened; when the "well done" of the great Judge is pronounced, and the crown of immortal glory is placed upon the brow of the victor, many will raise their crowns in sight of the assembled universe, and pointing to their mother say: "She made me all I am through the grace of God. Her instruction, her prayers, have been blessed to my eternal salvation." {Mar 308.4}

With joy unutterable, parents see the crown, the robe, the harp, given to their children. The days of hope and fear are ended. The seed sown with tears and prayers may have seemed to be sown in vain, but their harvest is reaped with joy at last. Their children have been redeemed. {Mar 308.5}

I also found this little poem by Elder Frazee on facebook, of all places, and found food for thought.


Dear Lord, 
I do not ask that Thou shouldst give
Some high work of Thine, or some noble task.
Give me a little hand to hold in mine,
Give me a little child to point the way
Over the strange, sweet path that leads to Thee.
Give me a little voice to teach to pray,
Give me two shining eyes Thy face to see;
The only crown I ask to wear, 
Dear Lord,
is this:

That I may teach a little child.

I do not ask that I may stand
Among the wise, the worthy, or the great;
I only ask that softly, hand in hand,
A child and I may enter at the gate.

- Sermon #0281

5 comments:

Unknown said...

just curious the passages in red, what book are they from?

acceptance with joy said...

not sure, yet. I was thinking it was the book Maranatha - but I looked it up and it doesn't seem right.

Sharon said...

Yes, it is Maranatha, a daily devotional book, p. 308.

Dawn said...

That poem is beautiful! :)

stellarparenting.com said...

hang in there, the hard times seems really hard when we are int he thick of them but they kids will come through this as well. Remember to take time for you and with time and patience they will get there - easier said than done I know.