Saturday, October 22, 2011

Rough

The girls are part of the music team this weekend at Mivoden.

I had to take the twins with me because Steve has to work Sunday....

I did not tell Missy where we were going or if she even was going... There's a dozen reasons not to tell her stuff like this.... and twelve reasons why you should. I figured out all the reasons why I should have yesterday. Last time I figured out all the reason why I shouldn't. She could see we were going somewhere and she was on high alert. She barked orders for me to pack her suitcase, etc.... James took it in stride... or so I thought.

It all culminate in both of them screaming hysterically right when it was time to leave. He had wet his pants and she had messed her pants... which is a common daily occurrence that I am pulling my hair out over. I would not let them in the car until they were dressed in clean clothes, shoes tied and buttons done up. That's all it took to put them into hysteria.

It would be lying to say that I was okay with that.

They were both benched until they could control themselves. When they finally dressed properly I let them in the car on the condition there would be no talking. Period. They rode in the car all afternoon and were nary allowed one word!

We arrived late. So registration was put off.... finally at 9pm I asked if someone would please let me know which room I could take the kiddos to because they were making it impossible for me to concentrate on the meeting and I was worrying about what they would be like the next day if they didn't get to bed. As it turned out there was not much point in rushing them off to bed.... they would not go to sleep anyway.

Brianna left the meeting with us and was snoring in seconds. The twins not so much. In fact, Missy was not into sleeping period!! Finally I had enough.... and I stuck her in the spare room across the hall at 5:30 this morning. I suppose she slept some, but my outlook on today is not exactly positive... I'm asking for grace to be nice. Some children will either be hiked to the point of exhaustion or they will gladly take a nap to appease their growling, sleep deprived mother. Ha! ha!

Missy has big black circles under her eyes.

Tonight I'm putting myself in the spare room and leaving the twins with Bri since it appears she can sleep through anything.

The other girls are excited about the meetings... They said it got better and better as the evening wore on. They let out at 10 pm. I'm asking the Lord to give me a blessing somewhere in all this....

No comments: