Monday, October 17, 2011

Hope



Some of the twins' foolishness actually gives cause for hope.

Missy was hollering, "I want TWO tortilla's. Not one, TWO!"


Okay, no problem.


Just sit quietly and wait.

Missy: "I want peanut butter and jam on them!"

Missy, just sit down and wait quietly, while I get it, please.

Missy: "Margarine has dairy in it! I want peanut butter and jam."

Anna-Joy, that's called using information, (or misinformation,) to manipulate people into giving you what you want. Mama knows what you are doing.

Missy: "I want peanut butter and jam!!" whine.....


The hope part of this scenario is she really did just use her brain to put all that information / misinformation together to influence me to do her bidding. It means her brain has the ability.....  AND I'm always on the lookout for that! She heard someone say that one of the containers of margarine had a byproduct of dairy in it, and we are pretty careful about her diet. However, I don't think she would have been concerned if she wanted margarine.

The sad part is she doesn't trust me to give her what I know she would like and feels she must control the situation as much as she possibly can to get her needs met.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm praying for you and another family in this area. My specific prayer for both of you is that nurture/environment to overtake nature. Our adopted children (mine still to come) have their genetics, but God gave them to each of us. Praying the fruits of the spirit you show will take hold and overcome her inherent behaviors.