Monday, October 3, 2011

Horrible Sad News

We've been friends for a long time....

Recently we have followed his facebook status updates closely and prayed over the developments.

*The child was abducted...
*the weeks of searching...
*and then exciting news that the child was found.
*Danny finally being granted full custody.
*The love you could sense him pouring into the child and the earnestness for which he sought help with the autism and the educational needs.
*The new dog that was coming to be a companion for the 4 year old.
*Even saw a TV interview of Danny with the little guy on his lap just late last week.

And today

Danny Dimm is dead.

Hit by a tree while  logging.

Today Timber is fatherless. Who is going to fight for him now?

SAD.

My prayer for the little waif is that God will place His protecting hand around the child and bring the little boy close to Himself.

4 comments:

:)De said...

That is very sad... I am so sorry for you all and the little boy.

momof4boys said...

That is so sad!!! I'm sitting here crying. I wish I could take little Timber. I was so celebrating Danny's successes! My respect for him had doubled and tripled as I saw him with his little boy and have communicated with him over the last several months. He was definitely a caring Daddy!

Sean and Lisa said...

Oh how tragic! To be honest the first question that pops into my mind is WHY?? Oh Lord, WHY??

My feeble mind can't grasp the good that could possibly come from this but God promises good so I will pray fervently for it. Also, for this precious child to be buoyed up in His Heavenly Father's hands.

Prayers and tears....

Anonymous said...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Remembering-Danny-Dimm/256640727711794