Monday, May 30, 2011

Much Better

Things improved after an hour of total crisis. I didn't know if I could handle a whole 'nother day like yesterday. I had a good cry and that scared them into making a change.

James apologized sweetly and planted a kiss right on my cheek. He did scream and holler at Brianna on their bike ride a little later, but I think his fear of thunder, whether or not he will admit it,  was the real cause of that trial. He isn't near as terrified as last year, but he's on alert.

James has been working or doing school work and playing educational games all day with  no other major melt downs. Both kids were going to play "dumb" but a couple quick aversion tactics and a handful of carob chips later we made more progress this afternoon than we have made in a dog's age. They found out how capable they are.

I am thankful that the Lord has helped all of us in a real way today.

4 comments:

Jennifer P said...

Praise God for better days.

Jennifer P said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GB's Mom said...

This is the day...

Sweet Lily said...

Absolutely fantastic!
Happy moments, praise Lord.
Difficult moments, seek Lord.
Every moment, thank Lord.