Thursday, May 19, 2011

Crazy Busy

With all the rain we had last weekend the grass grew a foot tall over the whole 2.5 acres. We've been mowing (push mower) and weed wacking like crazy, plus trying to get the market garden finished planting. Planted another 40+ tomatoes and 24 peppers and 20 eggplant down there. It's looking great. The weather is perfect for gardening! Vanessa, Missy and I cleaned out the tack room last evening. How long has it been since we've had a horse and we never put the horse tack away... We put all the tack in a plastic tote, except the saddle, of course, and we turned it into a nice little garden shed.

Missy's been right there helping us. She's really getting the knack for transplanting and is my specially assigned gopher / go- for-this -&-go-for-that...

James not so much. In fact he was crabby about everything so I set him to work moving the haystack. He's moving it with the big wheelbarrow from the barn area down to the market garden. It's an awesome job for him, if I don't say so myself. He actually put his heart into it and he only has a half a day of work left on that job.

I had a reality check yesterday.

The twins had pt/ot/speech at the school yesterday. The ot gal asked me how the twins were doing in general. I told her Missy had been on a good streak for a while and is doing well. James, I told her, is on a down trend, "but it's not so bad, he just cries every time I ask him to do something or when I say no, and he wets his pants if he doesn't get his way, and stuff like that.....otherwise not so bad." 

The teacher got this concerned look, "Wow, that's a pretty serious behavior!"

My turn to look surprised.  

"Oh, well, in comparison to what he was like in the past, and in comparison to Missy's down trends... it's NOTHING, really!"

And I walked away wondering how I had become so immune to think that wetting his pants when he's mad at me for saying it's time to go play outside is "nothing, really".

We have company coming this evening for the weekend. Steve's sister and family are coming from Canada, so now we have to have the house looking at least as nice as the gardens... lol.

No comments: