Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Competitiveness

What do you all do for competitiveness?

I LOATH IT!!  It's always been there, but it seems to be growing instead of diminishing.

Children's Hospital called during lunch and I turned my back for a second. I've just started letting the twins make their own sandwiches. Brianna had made them some nice gluten free waffles and Missy was spreading peanut butter and jam on hers. I glance over at the counter and lo and behold she's scooping up the jam with the knife eating it as FAST as she can, just scarfing it down like lightning!!

I removed the food from her completely and finished my conversation. Amazingly, Missy said not a word. She KNEW!!! and she didn't ask for her waffle back either.

I sent them off to wash up. She beat him to the bathroom. He stood outside the door waving a lollipop at her. She had been given one at the bank, too, but of course she ate it lickity split while he saved his.

He definitely got the desired reaction!

I pulled him away to wait his turn. She stood by the sink running the water for a very long time. Next, I watched her stand in front of the mirror and splash it all over because she knows it makes it dirty and she isn't suppose to and she was annoyed 'cause life is miserable...she got caught with the jam, and her brother has a lollipop in his pocket and she doesn't  and so she'd  just camp out in the bathroom for a VERY LONG TIME so that he couldn't wash up, and while she made him wait, she would look for as much trouble as she could find.

Too bad for her, that I was standing there watching everything. It's really a pain for her not to have much peripheral vision. I can stand right beside her and she has no idea I'm there.

It's been like this all day. She's looking to compete with James constantly. She's looking for things to do that are not allowed that she can do in secret JUST to see if she can get away with it.

Is that because I have a migraine and it's town day?

Oh, and new policy at the hospital for speech sessions.... the parent has to stay on the property while the kids are in their therapy. That's two hours, folks. That's when I drive the other's to their classes, take Bri to her treatments, and get my banking done. Steve's an employee there. I put in a plea to consider that their dad is on the property and within radius, couldn't that count?

So, anyway. Missy is in bed for a nap. Next she'll clean the bathroom.

If you all have ideas on how to curb competiveness I'm all ears. Thanks.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Ha. No ideas here. But I have plenty of stories of competitiveness that I could tell. :)