Monday, November 12, 2012

Thinking Christmas Already...

The count down is on....

1. Reserved 3 cabins on the beach. Wishing it was somewhere tropical  like Lake Malawi, but it isn't and we take a chance with the weather, but with good company we'll have a good time whatever the weather...

Last year at Christmas we made a lot of little rock collections there. My parents will come from Colorado / Africa. My sister's family will drive the very LONG road from the Yukon.


2. We had someone "draw" names for us so that each family member is responsible for 1 gift. That simplifies things a lot!

3. I made our Christmas Nuts and Bolts and sealed em up tight and stored them in the freezer today.


One thing at a time. . . It's going to be a Christmas to remember especially since it ends with GYC and I get to go this time!

****

We woke up to this today...

now you know why we've been thinking Christmas.

8 comments:

Inga said...

Simply gorgeous photos!!!!! Wishing I was just as talented in my photos.

Lisa said...

Would you share your Nuts and Bolts recipe?

Thanks.

Lisa said...

Would you please share your recipe? Thanks.

angela ford said...

I have a recipe that I like, but it makes mountains of the stuff and I don't want mountains of it. So, I went on Pinterest and typed in Chex Mix and came up with a load of recipes. The Pioneer Woman has a recipe ... I sort of used her proportions and ideas, but changed things up a bit in the flavoring department. Sorry. I'm crazy like that. Nothing is ever just like the recipe !!!

~marci~ said...

Sure hope we at least pass in the hallway somewhere at gyc. I'd love to say~ Don't I know you?? lol :)

Gorgeous picture of the snowy morning.

Preacherstribe said...

We all anticipate a great time in the cabins. Do we know which names are picked yet?

angela ford said...

Sorry, dad. Not sure why you didn't get your name a month ago.... will have it sent to you again.

Sean Nebblett said...

I'll second marci's comment. :D We can't wait to meet (re-meet?) the rest of the clan!!!