Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Weird How That Is

Sometimes when the screaming starts I don't even flinch.

Other times my blood pressure begins to rise and I am frustrated.

But when I heard the blood curdling screams coming over the phone today I broke out in a sweat, my heart started pounding and I was instantly nauseated. I wanted to flee instead of face it.

I HATE that!

Wish I could just take it in stride.

Somebody is back to no-talking. Her words didn't pass the criteria of positive and kind when big sister rightfully said the word NO to her. Instead they were dark and ugly and accelerated to all out screaming  -zero to 80 in 15 seconds flat.

All. Over. Lemon. Juice.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

PTSD stinks. That is exactly what is happening to you. Happens to me too but less often now that I am not faced with daily rages...so if it helps...it should get better as she heals. ((hugs))

Mama in Uganda said...

I do not think your feelings need a label...

The Word of God has plenty of examples that we can turn to for comfort--men and woman who walked before us.

I understand your reaction, however. I also find my reactions changing day to day {or hour to hour}.

Keep your nose in the Word and allow the Lord to "clothe" you with His Spirit.

Praying,
Summer

momof4boys said...

I've been praying that God gives you grace every minute of every day to deal with Little Miss Shenanigan.

SHENANIGAN. 1. : a devious trick used especially for an underhanded purpose.

She seems to be the master of the name! LOL