Thursday, August 18, 2011

Twenty Years Ago Today

I married my best friend.

I'd show you a before and after pic, (of what 20 years does to a couple)  but it's crazy busy around here.

So, instead of going "out" we decided to do a project together. We decided to replace the kitchen window.

Not that it needed it, or anything....

Just couldn't see through it anymore.

I have wished this window was bigger for years
and so
it wasn't just a matter of replacing it.

and well, it quickly turned into a job way over my head
and my husband  - he's a great nurse -
he was beginning to sweat,
just a little.

WHEN

Uncle Rob from California showed up.
The poor guy drove a straight 16 hours here
and then 
we put him to work.
Hopefully,
it doesn't take us too many years to complete this project
so I can show you the finished work.
just joking... ahem.... not!

Yesterday was Steve B-day.
He puts in a few shifts a week at the little hospital in tourist town.
The hospital overlooks the river,
so we met him there after work and brought a picnic.
It was the first time our little family had been together just us
in over 3 months.
It was kind of special.



UPDATE:



I LIKE!!!

THANK YOU!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Love the picture!

Kelly said...

Congrats on 20 years.

Love the window.

That picture of your family is absolutely gorgeous!!

Jenny said...

Congrats on 20 years! You have a beautiful family!

Trinie said...

Happy Anniversary! Your window is gorgeous and the family picture is a keeper! What a beautiful family, the Lord has truly blessed you my friend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary guys. I'm glad uncle Rob came along. The Lord knows when we need the extra help. Beautiful picture of the family. Dad