Monday, August 22, 2011

Hang On a Second

While I bore you with my tomatoes....






We picked 13 five gallon buckets of tomatoes yesterday. Talk about blessings from heaven!  We're all set to go back to the market, again. After sorting out the blemished ones we canned a bunch. The girls finished doing down the nectarines and the peaches. I'm sure we'll be canning a lot more tomatoes, though.  Cindy, Becky, Katie, and Maria are all lined up waiting for my sos call to come and get canning tomatoes.

Missy had a horrible-no good- very- bad - day yesterday. Pretty much she kept landing in bed and finally around 4 pm she decided to call it quits on the game. And we all had a great evening. Today she will be fine as there is a swim party this afternoon for her and her little friends from Sabbath school. Amazing how that works. She knows she won't go if she is not nice to be around, so she's pleasant today. She's even singing, "I'm so happy, so very happy!" If I could just figure out where  that happy switch was!!

I made a great discovery quite by accident. I saw this little trial packet for CALM, a magnesium supplement at the health food store. I have been hearing a lot about how we are deficient in magnesium so I bought the packet and stirred it up in my water. I don't know what I was expecting, maybe a little more energy, or something BUT I SLEPT like a baby. I couldn't believe it! Do you know how hard it is to sleep? Drove me back to town and bought the big container and I'm sleeping like a log. YAY!! Thank you, Lord. I need my 8 hours.

3 comments:

~marci~ said...

Your tomatoes look yummy! Keep staying strong for Missy's sake. You are one good mamma. Let Jesus continue to walk by your side. Plant the good seed in her heart.

stellarparenting.com said...

your tomatoes kick my tomatoes butts, they are huge!

Oldqueen44 said...

I recently heard about the product CALM and have been using it for a couple weeks with the same desire to sleep better. I don't think it is helping. But I still know it is good to be taking.
As an experiment make some hot chocolate and then add some CALM to the hot chocolate. hint (make sure you do it over the kitchen sink)