Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Last Day of August

I don't really get how come she is so much more pleasant in no-talking mode, but it's a fact. She's actually having fun with it. This morning is a new day and she will be free to speak real words until they turn sour.

The weather is cooling. It feels like a September morning one day early.We are harvesting nearly every day. The Lord has blessed abundantly. Last night we dug into the potatoes. They are beautiful, big red potatoes. Filled a basket for a family whose month was longer than their grocery money could extend. We hadn't planned on growing these particular potatoes, but someone gave us the seed and now we know there was a plan all along. There's so much food on my porch I wish I knew who else might be in need around here.

Brianna is really enjoying her interaction with the restaurant people. I haven't so much as stepped foot inside any of them. She takes care of all the orders. She's had/has orders for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week.

Steve brought home a new propane camp stove. It holds three canners! My mom's probably thinking he's a little late as she slaved over the old one for hours when she was here. Something was wrong with it, though and we were leaking propane with both valves shut tight.



Brianna asked the neighbor kid what he's been up to lately.... had a good laugh. It so reminds us of the days when my kids were that age. He said, "Well, we eat breakfast and then we have to do the dishes and by the time we are done it's pretty much lunch and then we have to do dishes again and by the time we get done it's supper time and then we have to do the dishes...." LOL. Why does it take so long for a kid to learn that if you quit fooling around and just get at it they will be done in minutes?  I was a kid once, too... I remember exactly how it was.

1 comment:

Trinie said...

The cantalope is delicious! I will get your buckets back to you as soon as I can! I was thinking it would be today, but Rhett left earlier than I thought this morning and I hadn't taken the tomatoes out yet!Thanks again! I appreciate your generosity!!