Tuesday, August 2, 2011

California

I think I almost forgot I am a blogger.


ARME was inspiring. It was like drinking from a fire hydrant. By the time I left I was suffering brain fatigue from all the intense Bible study and time on our knees.

Well worth every minute and every penny.

Steve and the kids met up with me and we had the kiddo's visit with the bio mother. It went better than I could have ever imagined. This was the first time they have seen her in a year.... it is also the first time they have seen her since they were adopted.

I visited the prayer room with the burden of this visit on my heart and then several friends visited the prayer while we were on the visit. I know all the prayers were answered. The b mom was doing great. She had to wait for us for hours because of our lateness and our problems with vapor lock with the suburban. This should have been enough to make her mad, but she was happy and cheerful and understanding. She is making a decided change in her life - going to school, fixing herself up, and she had a real positive spirit. She was also baptized this past Sunday. Missy looks just like her.  The twins were shy which was to be expected but they did what they were suppose to do. They rode the carousel and played in the fountain, and the cousins participated in everything. There has been no mention of the visit since, nor any repercussions. Answer to prayer!



Sunday we travelled for 10 hours to our Friends' house and enjoyed the best sleep in several days... camp was really noisy and the beds left much to be desired. By the time I left I was a complete cripple, however a good night sleep in a great bed and I was good as new. We had a pleasant visit but eventually headed out on the road for CA. We are now at my Aunt and Uncle's. We haven't seen the girls yet, but my cousin from London, England and her family are suppose to arrive today,  my Aunt and Uncle from New Bruinswick should arrive this evening,  Mom and Dad should arrive tomorrow from CO with Christina and Caleb. My bro Jason from TZ will be with them. It's shaping up to be a wonderful visit. So sad we are missing Antionette and the little girls!

Tonight is the final night of Youth for Jesus and the baptism. We are looking forward to see for our own eyes!

2 comments:

~marci~ said...

I sure hope my computer sees it! I am excited for YFJ participants! So many experiences and spiritually charged!

La Tea Dah said...

I'm so glad the bio-mom visit went so well. That is wonderful news! The twins reaction surely shows that they are happily settled in your home.

Loved seeing the fountain pictures --- as they brought back memories of my eldest when he was 4 years old. I was at a convention and Grandma was along to babysit. Fancy hotel -- dear son fell into the pond --- and had to walk through the lobby and up the elevator with Grandma's spare shirt wrapped around him. Bedraggled, my boss happened to be on the same elevator! LOL! Great memories.

I love the family meal picture! Very inviting and happy smiles all around!