Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Hope and A Future

Jeremiah 29: 11


What kind of day will it be?

It's rather strange that the youngest member of the family thinks she can decide what kind of day WE are going to have. Well, I have news for her. She can only choose what kind of day SHE will have. The rest of us will choose for ourselves. Thank you very much. (okay. easier said than done, but for the most part it's true.)

She has had 2 of the kind of days in a row that I would not choose.

This morning is shaping up differently so far. PTL!

But here is something that makes me question what is really at the bottom of these downward spirals... she stinks when she's in crabby mode. Literally. It's no joke. Her body odor, her breath, everything. reeks. I know that when she gets gluten she smells awful. It was the first thing everybody noticed when we took her off gluten last year - her halitosis went away over night. . . well, except that when she's sullen and contrary it comes back.. Is that suppose to be a clue to something? ANYBODY KNOW?

I know that being ill-tempered is stressful in and of itself. Could the halitosis just be a sign of stress?

Or is she miserable partly because she doesn't feel good?

Julie suggests Missy is dealing with candida yeast. NO DOUBT she is. I am almost certain of that. It's probably about time to address that.

Anyway, I am open to suggestions for what I should do next.

I don't know about you, but have a harder time with the downward mood swings after a long stretch of good, than I do with a consistent pattern of ups and downs. I even told myself to expect a major crash after all our guests left - but most of the guests have NOT even left yet so I can assume the worst is yet to be.  Maybe I was still off my guard a little, but a  mere suggestion that this is just who she is loosens  my grip on HOPE for a better future for her. AND I CAN'T go there!

God is good, though. He doesn't leave me to despair... I grabbed a book on my way out of house yesterday. An old worn paperback of The Ministry of Healing that I drag around with me a lot. Awesome book. I highly recommend it. I randomly flipped the pages when I had to wait in town and landed on this:

Jesus knows the circumstances of every soul. The greater the sinner's guilt, the more he needs the Savior. His heart of divine love and sympathy is drawn out most of all for the one who is the most hopelessly entangled in the snares of the enemy. With His own blood He has signed the emancipation papers of the race.

Jesus does not desire those who have been purchased at such a cost to become the sport of the enemy's temptations. He does not desire us to be overcome and perish. He who curbed the lions in their den, and walked with His faithful witnesses amid the fiery flames, is just as ready to work in our behalf to subdue every evil in our natures. Today He is standing at the altar of mercy, presenting before God the prayers of those who desire His help. He turns no weeping, contrite one away. Freely He will pardon all who come to Him... He bids every trembling soul take courage. 

....No cry from a soul in need, though it fail of utterance in words, will be unheeded. Those who consent to enter into covenant with God are not left to the power of Satan or to the infirmity of their own nature.

Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, 
or the lawful captive delivered? 
 But thus saith the LORD, 
Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away,
and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered:
for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee,
and I will save thy children.
.Isaiah 49:24.25

MH Chapter  Healing of the Soul
Pretty powerful words.If I can just lead the child to see her need of Jesus she has every hope of full recovery!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

In terms of candida, cut out the gluten (which you have) and any sugars out of her diet. Have her take an acidophyllis capsule daily (if she is very small, maybe break it in half and sprinkle it on her food). Talk to the doc about an Rx for candida (Diflucan or Nystatin?). Do you see any sores in her mouth?

Anonymous said...

Have you heard of PANDAS syndrome? I have no idea if that's what it is or not but it came to mind when I read your post today.

http://intramural.nimh.nih.gov/pdn/web.htm

Mama in Uganda said...

I need to email you. I believe there is "more than meets the eye." Our Elianah is dealing with the SAME stuff.

Blessings,
S

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

Fear/stress DOES smell.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1306445

http://www.nel.edu/23_2/NEL230202R01_Grammer.htm

I wish I could find the blogs that reference this. How trauma and stress cause our children to smell. Maybe you could google it?

Mama in Uganda said...

Sin=fear & obedience=peace.

I am not saying that Missy is living in sin, although she may well be. I am only speaking from my own experience with my children.

"Even a child is known by his ways." Proverbs.

Seek and you will find, ask and the door will be open. The Lord wants to FILL us Mama's with wisdom, its a matter of asking.

Blessings my friend,
Summer

rachel said...

I read this this morning and have been thinking about it all day. I have five foster/adoptive children and some of them are hurt children, too. I certainly believe in the power of Jesus to heal and restore and that is an important part in helping our children to wholeness. But it has been my experience with my children, that until they come to a much better place emotionally and come to trust us, their parents, they have little to no concept about needing Jesus. When they are so sick emotionally, it is like expecting them to get up and work when they are sick, or walking when they have a broken leg. Trying to tell them they are living in sin is adding to their fear and shame. Starting with healing their bodies is the best place to start. Yeast issues have been a big struggle for us. The diet called "GAPS" is an excellant way to get rid of the yeast and heal the body and nervous system. We have also ended up in therapy, God was so good to provide us with a wonderful Christian therapst who supported us so much during those years of tantrums, sleeplessness all those other things you are well familiar with! Praise God, they are well on the way to healing.
God bless you as you search for help and healing for your little ones!

Melanie said...

I periodically have to take charcoal capsules. I thought it was an overgrowth of yeast in my digestive track but all test came back with no signs of anything the doctors could treat. My stomach was swollen like a pregnant ladies and I was miserable and irritable. Now that you say something about smell, during that time I was constantly changing deodorants because I felt more stinky than usual.