Thursday, August 25, 2011

The Metamorphasis of a Look

Is that better?

I was doing a blog tutorial with my friend, Katie, and the computer I was using only had some old pictures on it. I was sweating since our a/c is not working and the snow looked inviting. So, that's the real explanation of the snow pics yesterday.

Little Miss has been making an effort to be at breakfast by 8 AM. I instituted a new plan and ever since, she has been to breakfast. The first time she beat James to the table his nose was out of joint all day!
Pretty funny, actually. 
I didn't know he held his position in compliance with such pride!

We have this can of protein shake called Alive that Brianna uses while she is in treatment for her neck. Bri thinks it tastes fine, but it is green because it is made from peas. I gave Missy a large glass of it on a morning she did not show for breakfast early this week. She drank it but declared it was YUCKY! I told her, look, if you can't be here for breakfast because you don't want to get dressed and make your bed then you have to drink the shake and eat a banana when you finally do show up. Your body needs  to get energy from somewhere, but we can't hold breakfast until 11 AM!!
Our day must go on. 
 She'd rather get her behind in gear than drink that green stuff.

My breakfast
lunch
and 
supper
have mainly consisted of this:
Steve is not real impressed with my cooking lately.
Tomato sandwiches without bread just aren't quite the same.
(he eats gluten free)
and we've done some of this:
but yesterday I gave Katie about 80 lbs or so of very red ripe tomatoes
and then we had to go pick more.
Decided to skip the Thurs market and just keep to our little town.
So Friday is market day.
The girls have made contact with all the nice little restaurants in this town and we have made good customers of them. One is ordering 40lbs of tomatoes a week.

Steve was working at the little hospital in tourist town yesterday. He was bending over a leg wrapping in the ER when the patient shot up and said, "hey! there's a deer in here!"
Sure enough. A yearling had walked up the front door of the new hospital and activated the automatic doors. He walked in and then found himself trapped as the door closed behind him.
He decided to explore the place.
I think every patient and every nurse was paid a visit. Steve and some other guys blocked him into a room, but that didn't do much good, so they let him out and guided him along the halls to the open  door.
I think it sort of brightened their day.

lol.
James is playing with Missy's dolls.
The girls snapped a few pics....
and he wants to know if I am going to blog them!
LOL.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

LOL. Love the protein shake story. I have some nasty protein shake stuff too...I may have to resort to your idea with my little missy too. ;) I hate meal time around here with her. It is the time she pulls out all her little control tricks and I fall for it every time. Makes me so mad at myself.

Sean and Lisa said...

Girl, I don't know what you're doing but you could pass for one of the daughters! Gosh, all the stress has aged me but it looks like it hasn't aged you a bit! Whatever you're doing, could you bottle it and send some my way...:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for all the tomatoes. =) Our house smells like an Italian restaurant right now. Yummy!

Daniela said...

Very nice picture of your family!

Trinie said...

Love your pictures! The weather has rippened up some of our tomatoes, finally! We will see about the rest! We will visit soon! Thanks for the invite!!!!

~marci~ said...

LOL! Your winter picture fit the season just perfect. But your family picture...well you are all smiling! Love it. Enjoyed reading about all your family adventures. I found a gluten free bread that is a little expensive, but used just for the gluten free~ers, and tastes the most like real bread.
http://www.odoughs.com
I use it very sparingly, and since it is frozen can last a long time...(depending on how many sandwiches you eat!)