Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Two Me's

**The gardener part of me is having a great day.

I thinned the carrots and the beets. Weeded several rows. Picked and cleaned veggies.

**The mom part of me is having a rotten day.

Oh the drama!

Oh the nonsense.

And it's not even Missy, though she's played the part in a shenanigan or two... I expect it from her.

It's all because he didn't "feel" like using the facilities and I asked him to go shower and get changed because I don't really like wet seven year olds sitting on the furniture or even on the carpet.  You know, inflexible, tyrannical mother that I am...

Thankfully, after Steve's 80 hour week last week, he was given mandatory low census this morning so he was around to help for some of the silliness.

But here's something interesting:

Yesterday we were walking with friends out by a cool rushing river. James was holding the man's hand and they were discussing birds. "Mr. Tom, do you know what bird makes this sound {insert very realistic, very clear bird call}?

"Yes, James, but can you tell me the name of the bird that makes that sound?

"It's a mourning dove!"

"Well, you are right about that!!"

Their conversation continued... while Vanessa and I were left in the dust gaping at each other.

No comments: