Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Glasses

He finally got them!!

He's excited.
"Look mom!
Hey, slug-bug.
Look at the road!!
Did you see the rainbow on here?"

I cried.
I'm sad that no one ever checked his eyes before.
I can't see a thing through those coke-bottle glasses.
The prescription is VERY strong.
 It's going to take a lot of getting used to - for me.
His eyeballs look huge. LOL
He likes them.

We celebrated by going out - just him and I for ice-cream.
A soy-vanilla bar all carob coated.
He was a mess.
But very, very pleased.

4 comments:

~marci~ said...

Maybe his behavior will improve too...now that he can see? He must have been frustrated, and not knowing why!

:)De said...

I was thinking the same thing. Congrats on his new specs!

Kelly said...

Beth has bad eyes too and no one ever noticed. Her left eye was crossing because she could not focus. Sounds like his eyes are even worse but so glad both of them got "new eyes". Opens up a whole new world them. :)

Cari said...

Thanks for your encouraging comment on my blog! I enjoyed reading it and your blog as well. Hope you have a great week!