Friday, April 30, 2010

Praying Today is the Same

We have had two VERY, VERY happy, contended days. Today is sunny and beautiful and I'm looking forward to another peaceful day. Little Guy has two stickers in a row on his clean underwear chart. He's feeling successful and so he's not frustrated with the process right now. Missy has no stickers, but mostly she's doing well. We are concentrating on OT, PT and Speech and toileting. Forget the ABC's... enough is enough. I know what the State expects me to do, but it's not fair to the children right now. Besides, Buster Brown can't see straight and we can't get him in to have his vision checked until the end of June. I have been borrowing an armload of books from the library each week and we all take moments to read, read, read to them. Their vocabulary is increasing. It's almost funny to hear the words coming out of their mouths. Yesterday Little Guy was describing his job on the potty and he said, "Wow! I did a major one!" If that isn't a Steveism I don't know what it is. He was also using words like decoration, and fancy, license plate, ticket, etc... to tell us about what he and Christina done to his bike.

Little Missy is laying on her back in bed talking to the ceiling at the moment and Brianna passed her room and overheard in slow clear words; "May. I.  have.  that.  please?  Sure, I'll . help.  you!"

LOL! She's come a long ways from her "Hava hava?"

The adoption fund raiser was a blessing last night. It went off beautifully. I counted ten children who were in need of families represented there. Six of those have "come home". Four are on their way! God has blessed our little community in reaching out to kids who need a mom and dad. Two years ago there were two: Leila and Mia....

5 comments:

GB's Mom said...

Two days in a row! Enjoy them!

~marci~ said...

Sounds like you are 'schooling' to me! You are doing a great job at parenting too:)

stellarparenting.com said...

wow, cross you fingers that you have a great weekend too.

Kelly said...

So glad you are getting some relief. Hope it lasts!!!!!!!!!

Would love to hear more about the adoptions in your community. How did that come about? Were you matched with the twins through an adoption fair or something like that? I may have missed those posts not sure but would love to hear more.

Jenny said...

We are experiencing similar things about the vocabulary devolopment. We are always having to explain what things mean. My husband said today they asked what an excuse was after he got on to them for something. I didn't realize how much my other kids know until the girls came. You are definately teaching your children, no question. I love reading your blog. Thanks for sharing.