Friday, April 16, 2010

There Once Was a Little Girl

with a little curl right in the middle of her forehead and when she was good, she was very, very good and when she was bad....

Oh goodness!
 Photobucket

I've done everything I know to bring her around and we are still at square one that started when she woke up this morning. We've done time-out, bed, hiked the mountain, held her, loved her, been firm, prayed with her and for her, etc, etc........ when I give her the choice of being happy and doing what I ask, or being mad and getting a consequence she chooses the consequence.  I'm wiped out.

Photobucket

Steve has been by my side.... She's finally asleep. I hope with all my heart that was what she needed. So sad to waste the whole day when she could have been playing in the sunshine and learning good things. Instead she's choosing to be stubborn.

Photobucket
Interestingly enough she hasn't messed in her pants even though I have not been able to get her to go potty... She's wet herself once.

Photobucket
How can anything so cute be so bad?

Yes - our mountain has exploded into blossoms.

4 comments:

Cari said...

what a beautiful mountain side! sorry about your day, but through it all the little bitty will learn...hopefully sooner than later.

Jenny said...

Sorry about your day! We had a rough night last night with one and therefore a rough day with the same twin. She didn't get to go bowling with everyone else. She stayed home and had to shadow everything Daddy did. She also has lost privilages for a week. Small steps forward and little steps back. I agree, how can something so cute be so difficult to handle? The answer is...they have been through so much in their short lives. We will press forward with much prayer!! Hang in there!!

Kelly said...

I always say...It's a good thing they are so cute. :) Man, I know what you mean. And why, oh why, do they consciously choose to do the wrong thing? Why? All I can figure is they are more accustom and comfortable with chaos. Sad. Today is 18 months and just yesterday I started working on a post about this. It takes time. So much time. I am at a point that I really do wonder if Beth even really and truly knows when she lies and does things she KNOWS she isn't supposed to do. Her attitude and reactions and thought processes when explaining her choices really do make me think she just doesn't get it. So hard to know and so hard to deal with. Hang in there.

Created For His Glory said...

Beautiful pictures...praying her heart of stone turns to a heart of flesh - soon :).