Thursday, April 22, 2010

Overwhelmed

We went to OT and PT and Speech and I am soooooo overwhelmed with ALL that we are suppose to do! These kids have a lot of catching up to do. We've really upped the speech correction in this house. It's making a difference. The audiologist said we have a small window of opportunity to get this right while they can make progress at a decent speed and so he recommended that we push ahead as fast and as hard as we can.

Things have eased up just a smidgen  on the potty training aspect... She's doing great and making strides. He's still bucking the system quite a bit, but his body functions are starting to come into line a little. I get really tired of the lack of cooperation, though. Some days are better than others.

Some behaviors are settling down and others are just as strong as ever. I wish they would learn to play on their own. It would give us some free moments, but the only way I can get them to play outside without someone out there with them is to lock myself in. I leave a window open and they won't leave me alone for a second but they can't come in. I have to ignore them in order to make lunch.

TPR didn't happen because the lawyer was not prepared. Can you imagine! So, try again next month. That puts everything off by several months so they won't be legally free until August and so we are off to another visit several hours away next week.

2 comments:

GB's Mom said...

All the therapies are time consuming, but do help a great deal. I only did them for one child at a time- I can't imagine having to do double the running! In my experience, being able to amuse themselves is the last thing that comes. I am glad things are settling a bit :)

Cari said...

I'm new to your blog, but I'm assuming that you are doing a domestic adoption...brother/sister? I'm interested because we have only adopted internationally so I don't know much about the process for domestic.